Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Robyn and I spent the first part of the afternoon with Pikey and she was partly lucid but pretty confused and still shaking; but she did manage a few smiles. We were promised that when we returned for the evening visiting shift we could speak to the consultant.

Elinor and I went in this evening and I had a long and detailed talk to the consultant. The conclusion was that they had been unable to discover any other cause of the renal other than the fact that the myeloma had affected the kidneys and caused their malfunction. The situation had not improved during the day and she was much more confused this evening.

It has been decided that we will bring her home and have her looked after on a 24/7 care basis with help from the District Nurses. This is what we are going to try to sort out tomorrow morning …but, of course, it’s the Easter break starting on Friday so we’ll have to get our skates on.

The prognosis is not good but they couldn’t set a time scale on it all as he said they always get it wrong!!!

All in all a very depressing day; but I’ll keep you all up to speed via the blog.

Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert and Pikey (in absentia)

No comments: