Saturday, February 27, 2010

Medical Update No 1

Drinkies time on Saturday!!!

Elinor, Phil, Adam and I went into RLI to see Pikey in the Medical Assessment Unit this afternoon. The nurse to patient ratio there is pretty impressive probably about 1 nurse to 3 patients.

She is on oxygen and the doctor saw her while I was there and confirmed to me that she had pneumonia. They are going to treat it with antibiotics and her normal pain killers. The danger is that it could develop into pleurisy. Recovery from pneumonia is quite rapid with normal healthy pepole but with Pikey's underlying weaknesses it could be slower and more problematical. We will just have to wait and see.

She will be moving to a "normal" ward either today or tomorrow depending on bed availability.

I will be going in tomorrow afternoon. I will update this after that.

If you can send me an email she can read, she would really appreciate it.

I rang Edward this afternoon and they have just had two feet of snow dumped on them in New York!!! Is it a suitable venue for the next Winter Olympics?

Love

Robert

No comments: