Friday, October 14, 2011

Some of you know but quite a few of you may not be aware that I have met and become friendly with a super lady by the name of Sheila. We have an unbelievable amount of mutual interests. It's very early days but we both hope that "things may develop". I am putting this in the blog because it was becoming more and more difficult to redact the description of the previous week's events without telling lies.
On Monday Sheila and I went up to Great Langdale to stay with Mike and Anne Brown who have a timeshare in the complex. On Tuesday we all walked around Buttermere which did us a lot of good to get a decent amount of fresh air. Of course, we stopped at the pub at the top of the lake to gather our strength and wits for the walk back along the other side of the lake.
On Thursday I drove up to Sheila's home in the Borders, near Kelso, so that the dogs could get to know each other - although she and I had met before we had always kept the dogs apart - those of you who know Brindley will appreciate why!! Sheila's poodle is called Pompey which I find rather confusing. Much to my surprise the two dogs got on fine and seem to have settled down pretty well. Brindley doesn't even chase her cat, Primrose - they even rubbed noses. Brindley must be getting soft in her old age!!
I am up here in Bonnie Scotland until the beginning of next week and then the week after I am going down to East Anglia where Robyn, Tony, Annie, Valerie (Tony's mother), Brindley and I have taken a holiday cottage for week.
The situation with regard to my brother, Mark, seems to have settled down although I am not sure it is a terribly satisfactory outcome - we'll have to see.
On Wednesday I suffered my second bell ringing lesson and managed to do my finger nails quite a lot of damage - but I struggled through.
Lots of love from Robert.

No comments: