Friday, August 05, 2011

I fear last week was another “non-event” one. No real news to report. I’ve been tracking Robyn on her cruise around the Baltic – she’s in St Petersburg today. Elinor has got back to the UK safely and is battling back up the M6 as I type this.

Yesterday, I drove in the pouring rain to the other side of Yorkshire to have lunch with Nick and Teresa Hepworth – she was a contemporary of Pikey’s at Sherborne; she very kindly used to come and see Pikey when she was ill. The visit was great fun and made a huge change from the somewhat monotonous boring existence I seem to lead nowadays.

Pat Cave, one of Pikey’s quilting pals, has got me an introduction into the local Probus Club at Kirkby Lonsdale so I’ll be trying that out to see if it suits me.
Yesterday evening I went to a "Bees for Bentham" meeting to see what that was all about. It was quite interesting as they are concentrating not on honey production but on increasing the number of bees and the production of honey is of secondary interest to them. I will probably grow some more plants for them to give away at the Bentham Show and Low Bentham Street Market. The leading expert is the partner of one of my former First Responders and an ex-First Responder is chairing the group.

Another church magazine extract.
The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is still being posted every Friday around tea time.

1 comment:

Susie Felber said...

Loved the bees for Bentham article. I saw those famous plants! So -- what's a Probus club? Do tell.