Friday, August 12, 2011

This week has been a better one and I am concentrating on getting all the paperwork (including probate) and the house sorted out. That keeps me pretty busy. I am always telling people that Pikey left seven sewing machines to sort out – I’ve found good homes for all of them!!! Is this a record? Should I tell the Guiness Book of Records??!!

Both Robyn and Elinor are back from their travels and we are all due to go down to Hartland over the weekend to scatter Pikey’s ashes in the stream on the track down to the beach below Wooda. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it much but it has to be done. Jimmy Macdonald, the most cheerful undertaker in the world, arrived this morning with the ashes; he says that being cheerful is the best way of doing his job which could be the most depressing job of all. Brindley is not coming with us but going into kennels – tough!!

I went to Preston Hospital on Tuesday to see Jim Shaw, an old colleague of mine at Dunlop Heywood, he’s in a bad way and seems to have given up the fight. His wife Jayne, a nurse, is at her wit’s end trying to get him to rally. I found this very depressing and in stark contrast to the cheerful way Pikey dealt with her last 13 years. But still it takes all sorts….

It’s rained on and off quite heavily all week and the Lune valley was flooded right across when I went to the dentist yesterday.

Another church magazine extract.
Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is still being posted every Friday around tea time.

No comments: