It's just over two months since Pikey died and this week has been about the first one during which I have been “on my own” and I reckon I’ve coped fairly well. I have tried not to bother family and friends. So there’s not really much news to tell you all. On Saturday it poured with rain which was not a good omen for the church barbecue on Sunday but God favours the righteous and it was gloriously sunny - but just for the period of the barbecue – it rained before and after!!!
On Monday “the girls” came to tidy up the house after the onslaught from the family the week before; their presence is always a joyous occasion – probably 50% chattering, gossip and laughs and 50% hovering, dusting and moving things around!!
On Thursday I had to go to the dump at Carnforth to get rid of a load of wire netting which I have taken down from behind the escallonia hedge which was stopping me getting at the ENORMOUS nettles growing up behind it.
On the way back I detoured to Lancaster and bought a new wireless printer as the old won was not compatible with Windows XP – is it some form of very effective scam these manufacturers are running, I wonder. Anyway by being very patient, not my most prominent feature, I got both the old and new computers to “talk” to the new printer. WOW!!
Another church magazine extract..
Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is still being posted every Friday around tea time.
2 comments:
Hey, was that the wire netting I put in?
Edward
Worry not it was different netting!!!
Post a Comment