Friday, December 11, 2009

Last week we put up pictures of our UK offspring and the family gathering and Robert promised Edward and Susie that he would put up some photos of the US branch - so he has downloaded pictures from Susie's Flicka site..... here goes.

Susie, Hugo and Delia (hiding)
Delia is already bored with Stan - but what's he winking at??

Poor knackered Dad

Edward and Hugo

Watching the trains go by .... so he'll grow up quite normal!!

Adam has not been too well this week and Elinor had to rush off in the middle of the night to Morecambe to see the out of hours doctor who sorted it all out and he is now back on the rails.

Robert has been adapting his office to accommodate an N gauge train layout which he is planning - much furniture moving and disposal of unwanted clutter from drawers etc. All he 's done so far is clear the space but no work has actually started yet!! "Planning is all important.......and much cheaper" he says.
We both went for our medical check ups recently and have been given clean bills of health.

THIS WEEK'S TRUE STORY
A 75 year old lady rings her local NHS hospital and this conversation follows:-

'Hello I'd like some information on a patient, Mrs Tiptree. She was admitted last week with chest pains and I just want to know how she is. She's in Ward P.’
'I'll just put you through to the nurse station.' ‘Hello, Ward P, how can I help?'
'I would just like some information on a patient, Mrs Tiptree, I was wondering if her condition had deteriorated, stabilised or improved?'
'I'll just check her notes. Well, I'm pleased to say that Mrs Tiptree's condition has improved. She has regained her appetite, her temperature has steadied and after some routine checks tonight, she should be well enough to go home tomorrow.'
'Oh that's wonderful news, I'm so happy, thank you ever so much!'
'You seem very relieved, are you a close friend or relative?’
'No, I'm Mrs Tiptree on Ward P. Nobody tells you f**k all in here!!’

"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late" Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert and Pikey

No comments: