This steam train came through Bentham yesterday and I thought you might like to get nostalgic and wallow in the sight and the sound of it climbing up towards Settle.
I even put a coin on the rail - not a penny as we used to but a 50p piece - I'm an afflent pensioner now!! In fact I did that in the morning and again in the evening on its return trip - it's really thin now!
That was a blast from the past and the ability to put a video on the blog is a technological miracle. Could we ever have dreamed of this when we had the British Empire, real steam trains and put real pennies on the rails?
Just click on the arrow to watch and hear it!
Off to see Pikey this afternoon....update after that.
Love Robert, Brindley and Pompey
5 comments:
Great video!
we used to put Matchbox cars on the rails
Yea -- what he said -- amazing vid! Excellent quality. Love to Pikey and fingers crossed.
I really shouldn't have gven you so much pocket money!!!
Dad
So pleased all went well. Lots of love to you both Teresa.
Post a Comment