Kate and Andrew came down for the weekend. On Saturday we all went over to the Leeds-Liverpool Canal to help his brother, his wife and parents negotiate some of the locks between Burnley and Skipton. It rained. It was very tiring and I now cannot imagine how the devil Pikey and I managed all those heavy lock gates on our own. But it was 22 years ago. I will never ever attempt a trip on a narrow boat again!
Sunday was Adam’s second birthday so we all went up to open his presents and play with them. He’s growing up fast.
On Monday I drove down to Woodstock to stay with James and Sue Offen. Because on Tuesday we all went to the Jubilee Lunch in Oxford. The Jubilee Club was my idea years ago and it celebrates the Silver Jubilee of George V in 1935 when we were all born. You must be male and born in 1935 to join!! We are all just good friends – wives and widows attend. There is only really one rule – enjoy the company, laughter, the stories of times past, the food and the drink.
On Wednesday I drove to Watlington where, Neil Foreman, one of my former partners in Hamnett Raffety had arranged for five other members of staff to join us. I had interviewed and employed all six. They all thanked me for teaching them how to be a good chartered surveyor and more importantly how to laugh at life.
I drove back on Thursday and am trying to catch my breath after all the talk over the last few days.
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is still being posted every Friday around tea time.
Sunday was Adam’s second birthday so we all went up to open his presents and play with them. He’s growing up fast.
On Monday I drove down to Woodstock to stay with James and Sue Offen. Because on Tuesday we all went to the Jubilee Lunch in Oxford. The Jubilee Club was my idea years ago and it celebrates the Silver Jubilee of George V in 1935 when we were all born. You must be male and born in 1935 to join!! We are all just good friends – wives and widows attend. There is only really one rule – enjoy the company, laughter, the stories of times past, the food and the drink.
On Wednesday I drove to Watlington where, Neil Foreman, one of my former partners in Hamnett Raffety had arranged for five other members of staff to join us. I had interviewed and employed all six. They all thanked me for teaching them how to be a good chartered surveyor and more importantly how to laugh at life.
I drove back on Thursday and am trying to catch my breath after all the talk over the last few days.
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is still being posted every Friday around tea time.
No comments:
Post a Comment