Date line Thursday.
I’m going down to Robyn’s tomorrow (Friday aka “blog day”) for a break and a recharge of my batteries. So I will probably be too tired to “do the blog” on Friday. I am due back at Summerhill Stables on Tuesday week. Brindley is going into kennels.
What is so annoying and upsetting is that, when Pikey started her latest treatment there was no indication whatsoever that anything was amiss – indeed quite the opposite. Tony Macheta, her haematologist at Barrow, was very surprised when he heard the news of the events in Lancaster Royal Infirmary and has promised to get the files and to try to find out what went wrong. He assured me that renal failure was not a known side effect of Revlimid but then it is a very new drug.
Given the suddenness of her deterioration we did not have time to plan all the many things we were going to sort out – we were half way through recording her childhood recollections – we still had a mountain of her mementoes to “thin down” – she was "une hoardere extraordinaire". From the time when she was admitted to hospital on Monday morning until her death we were not really able to have a meaningful conversation. Oh well, at least it was reasonably peaceful at the end and she knew Robyn, Elinor and I were there. My God, how she would have enjoyed the funeral even though she would have cried buckets!!!
Since the funeral I have tried to keep busy which wasn’t that difficult as there has been a lot to do. I’ve got rid of the wheel-chair adapted Fiat – it held just too many reminders – and bought a Skoda Yeti as recommended by Jeremy Clarkson – it’s pure white you can’t miss it! So if any of you see a white monster in your drive you’ll know who it is.
Kate, Edward and Robyn returned to their own homes over the weekend and Elinor was at work for the first three days of the week. However there was lots to do, car exchange, dentist, people collecting disabled kit of which we had a mountain on loan – from whom, we seem to have no record – tough!!
At present I’m either totally calm or completely upset by the smallest reminder of her – I suppose it’ll pass.
Loads of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ from Robert.
This blog is published every Friday (tea-time-ish) to keep you up to date with the events and thoughts from Summerhill Stables. My email address is rholl@tiscali.co.uk
1 comment:
Wow. I just saw the Sunday post for the first time and was crying here at work. Really beautiful and thank you so much for sharing. Also for sharing the latest news. Can't wait to see you all. Have a good trip.
Post a Comment