Date line Friday in Hampshire.
I have come down to Robyn's for a break and a re-charge of my batteries. I am due back at Summerhill Stables on Tuesday week, Brindley has gone into kennels.
What is so annoying and upsetting is that, when Pikey started her latest treatment there was no indication whatsoever that anything was amiss - indeed quite the opposite. Tony Macheta, her haematologist at Barrow was very surprised when he heard the news of the events in Lancaster Royal Infirmary and has promised to get the files and try and find out what went wrong. He assured me that renal failure was not a known side effect of Revlimid but then it is very new drug.
Given the suddeness of her deterioration we did not have time to plan all the many things we were going to sort out - we still had a mountain of her mementoes to "thin down" - she was a hoarder. From the time when she went into hospital on Monday morning until her death we were not able to have meaningful conversation. Oh well, at least it was reasonably peaceful at the end and she knew Robyn, Elinor and I were there with her. My God, how she would have enjoyed the funeral even though she would have cried buckets!!!
Since the funeral, a week ago, I have tried to keep busy which wasn't that difficult as there has been a lot to do. I've got rid of the wheel-chair adapted Fiat - it held just too many reminders- and have bought a Skoda Yeti as recommended by Jeremy Clarkson - it's pure white so you can't miss it. So if any of you see a white monster in your drive you'll know who it is.
Kate, Edward and Robyn returned to their own homes over the weekend and Elinor was at work for the first three days of the week. However, there was lots of things to do, car exchange, dentist, people collecting disabled kit of which we had mountain on loan - from whom we seem to have not record - tough!!
At present I'm either totally calm or completely upset by the smallest reminder of her - I suppose it'll pass.
Lots of love from Robert.
P.S. I did post this yesterday but it disappeared into the ether (Google's fault not mine) but not before Susie left a comment which has also gone!! Play it again, Sam.
No comments:
Post a Comment