Thursday afternoon.
Well, the day started off really badly because in the night they told Pikey that she possibly had a blood clot on her lung. Her oxygen levels were dangerously low and the temperature had gone right up. Al this she told me that at breakfast time. So I had a really buoyant morning!!
By eleven o'clock Pikey rang to say that she felt infinitely better and had been eating for the first time in 10 days - from the depths of despair to hope in four hours.
I went to see her today and they are now fairly confident that the cause of her problem was a chest infection and that the diarrhoea was caused by her body's reaction to the penicillin derivative the local GP had prescribed for her sore throat.
The truth probably is that with her reduced immunity any inbalance is exaggerated well beyond that which it can withstand - a healthy person would shrug it off. Any way the doctor I saw today thinks that she may be out possibly on Sunday - they still have some more Xrays to do on her chest.
I feel as though I have been through the mill backwards every day for a fortnight - any way Pikey seems to be on the mend and has nothing but praise for the treatment she has received.
Love to all
Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment